Saturday, November 19, 2011

"Steppin Out"


It is a pleasure to begin my blog with a painting entitled "Steppin Out" which I painted in South Carolina. I was entranced watching this guy play ball with his human dad on the shores of Hilton Head, and immediately knew I had to do a painting of him. He defined for me the phrase, "in the moment", as he joyfully romped and played. 

I was attending Karin Jurick's workshop which was held on the Hilton Head Island in November. I experienced a truly amazing reawakening of the right side of my brain. She lives up to her reputation as a gifted and generous artist, a true inspiration to anyone seeking to trust their intuitive sense to see and paint. When you listen to your intuition it connects you with a greater knowledge. So true for me!

3 comments:

  1. I love your finished painting. Great composition and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He turned out really great, Roxanne! Beautiful colors and you really get a feeling of his energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxanne! So nice to find you in bloggerville! And in response to our Hilton Head-Karin J experience, you are so right!

    ReplyDelete