Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks...

Late last fall, I discarded a Jack Be Little pumpkin, with the speed and precision of an All Star professional baseball pitch into the night of my backyard. Much to my surprise, this summer I had a bumper crop of Jack Be Little pumpkins growing from that discarded pumpkin. The germination of those seeds under some rather unfavorable conditions is pretty amazing to me. Giving thanks...

Lots of big old doggie breath, sloppy kisses, happy tenth birthday wish to my puppies. Love those guys.

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely painting! And what a nice little surprise gift of nature! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terri, we just spent a wonderful day with my niece, who cooked her first Thanksgiving dinner. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this painting and I love the story behind it even more! Hope your Thanksgiving was happy!

    ReplyDelete